Sunday, 17 September 2017

Do you Remember this Book.........

 Dia Duit, in 2006 I was drawn into Brenda Papadakis book, Dear Jane.When I went to guild, a lovely lady, was holding Dear Jane Classes.Mind you she has made three Dear Jane Quilts. For one year, I was gung ho,in the making of the blocks, in between working and family life. I had made 102 blocks. In my so called wisdom, I made the easy blocks first, not the way to go.
Earlier in the year, I decided to finish all my UFO's and now down to my last two. Farmers Wife and Dear Jane. Farmers Wife, I am taking to quilt camp with me, so will show progress once I come home.
 Over the weekend, I pulled all my Dear Jane stuff out and made the decision to piece the blocks together in their rows. They are now pinned to my Design Wall, which will make my colour selection for the blocks much easier.My intentions are good, and hope I can focus on the making of this quilt.
Slan, O'faigh

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your blocks are lovely. Hugs, xx

I am said...

Hi Lynnie you have done ,hope you get some more sewing time soon,take care my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Spectacular!!!!!

julieQ said...

I pulled mine out, since I saw that you did! You have a ton of blocks done...bravo!

Helen said...

Love your progresss, it will be gorgeous !

KaHolly said...

Looking good, Lyn! Sometimes it's best to put a big project like that away for a little while, then revisit it at a later date. Hugs!

barb's creations said...

I love the idea of the dear jane quilt but don't think I have the stamina or time to do it justice so will love looking at each of your new blocks and progress with great interest☺